A competitive shooting drill posted in the FastModel Sports Basketball Plays and Drills Library by Mike Shaughnessy of Dr1ven Training and Stockton University.
You can also find out more about FastModel Play Diagramming software by clicking this link: FastDraw
– Player 1 starts with the ball at the free throw line.
– Player 2 starts parallel with player 1 spaced out free throw line extended.
– The drill is initiated with player 1 passing the ball to coach.
– Once the ball is passed to coach, player 1 is sprinting below the cone to try and run player 2 off the 3 point line preventing them from a rhythm 3.
– As the ball is passed, player 2 is drifting to the corner being shot ready.
– The ONLY shot the player can shoot is a catch & shoot 3
– If the player makes the shot, they stay on offense.
– First player to make 4 3’s wins.
– Play with no shot fake and just has to be a rhythm catch & shoot 3.
– Play with shot fake w/ no dribble.
– Play with shot fake w/ side step using 1 dribble.
– Play with 1 dribble to score vs. the defender running the shooter off the line.
Same rules apply putting the players in a different position and situation. Frames 2 & 3 are added ways to play this small sided game.