This drill is from Mike Neighbors, Arkansas Women’s Basketball Coach. The drill is available on the Arkansas Women’s Basketball YouTube Channel
Coach Neighbors got the drill from Mike Bradbury, Head Women’s Basketball Coach at New Mexico.
There are some really good teaching points that can be applied to your offensive concepts and drills, regardless of what transition system and shooting drills you use.
My takeaways from the video are:
1) Making every drill a passing drill
2) The terminology of “strike” for an on target pass.
3) Having more than one way to score competitive drills. I think variety for the players is good.
4) His Dragon spot fits his offensive rules, not just running a drill to run a drill
5) Sprint to the spot and then get feet ready
6) Giving players feedback on their performance in a drill from day to day throughout the season
Please make sure your sound is on to see the video.
Click the play arrow so see the drill.
The drill is a YouTube video, so you will need to be on a server that allows you to access You Tube to see the drill.