This interview was recorded and posted at: Ted.com
The topic is his definition of success.
The interview lasts a little over 17 minutes.
You can get a transcript by going to that website.
The video may take a minute or so to load
Here is a link to John Wooden’s Desirable Coaching Traits
Coach John Wooden Quotes:
- Wooden, John “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
- Wooden, John “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.”
- Wooden, John “Success is peace of mind, which is a
direct result of self-satisfaction
knowing you made the effort to
the best at which you are
- Wooden, John “Be quick, but don’t hurry.”
- Wooden, John “Talent is God-given – be humble. Fame is man-given – be thankful. Conceit is self-given – be careful.”
- Wooden, John “Never mistake activity for achievement.”
- Wooden, John “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
|Wooden–a Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and off the Court by John Wooden. Click the book cover to read an excerpt from the book at Amazon.|