This is a drill to work on several moves and ways to score.
It was posted in the Fast Model Drills and Plays Library by Fabian McKenzie, Head Women’s Basketball Coach Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Coach McKenzie has been a head coach at the university level for 15 years, and has been involved as a coach at this level for 20 years.
He has been involved with the Canadian Women’s National team program for the past 6 years.
The Fast Model library has hundreds of plays and drills from coaches all over the world and from various levels of coaching. You can check it out here: Fast Model Plays and Drills Library
You can use this basic structure and incorporate other scoring moves that your players use like floaters or step back shots.
Basketball Drills Hit Ahead Scoring Series
Sprint up court. Toss ball ahead of you simulating a catch at the 3 pt. line.
6 moves at each spot.
1. Spot up – catch and shoot
2. 1 dribble finish with layup – extend and reach to get there.
3. 2 dribble Power Layup -shoulders must be parallel to board on finish.
4. Rip and Go Opposite for layup on opposite side of rim – baby hook
5. One Dribble Pull Up Jumper
6. One Dribble Pull Up Jumper opposite direction
After shooting sprint back to half court and do the next move. You could also do one move at each spot then the next move, then the next, etc.