3 on 3 Drill was posted to the FastModel Sports Basketball Plays and Drills Library by Mike Shaughnessy of Dr1ven Training and Stockton University.
You can also find out more about FastModel Play Diagramming software by clicking this link: FastDraw
Advantage/Disadvantage 3v3 putting the offense in a position to make a quick decision out of drive and kick while making the defense provide great helpside defense to contain the offense.
- Player 1 starts the drill once they make their movement downhill.
- Player x1 can’t move to try and recover until player 1 starts their movement.
- Player 1 has to attempt to get downhill through the elbow.
- Player’s 2 & 3 have to relocate once player 1 attacks downhill. (* If 1 passes early before the elbow [kick ahead], player in the strong side corner can hold the spot being shot ready).
- If the ball sticks and movement becomes stagnant, it will result in a turnover for the offense.
- Hold players accountable to re-space with urgency after a drive and kick-out.
- Play drive & kick game until the 3 players on offense are able to creat a rhythm shot, downhill drive to the rim, or a one more pass for a catch and shoot.
- Score it, you keep it. Play to a certain amount of points or time.
– Player 1 starts in the slot (shoulders facing the basket).
– Player x1 starts on player 1’s hip with their chest facing the inside shoulder.
– Player’s 2 & 3 start in the corners.