Tobin Anderson, lead Fairleigh Dickerson to the Sweet 16 utilizing pressure defense.
In the clip below he discusses why he presses on every made basket and dead ball.
He wants his team to be different so opponents must face something different when they play his team.
Here are some of his goals with pressure defense:
- Create a +5 TO differential
- Make conditioning a factor
- Make depth a factor
- Get easy baskets
- Take shooting out of the equation (to an extent)
This clip was taken from Coach Tobin’s complete clinic on Pressure defense.
In his presentation he covers:
- Why To Press
- In Which Game Situations To Press
- Creating Your Identity As A Press Defense Team
- Setting Your Team Goals For Pressure Defense
- How Much Of A Factor Is Condition For Press Defense
- What Type Of Players To Recruit For Your Defensive Press Identity
- Complete Breakdown Of The Press Defense
- Breaking Down Each Player’s Assignment In The Press
For information about how to gain access to his full presentation click the following link Tobin Anderson: Pressure Defense